Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stacie's Wedding Part 1

My little sister is a real life wife now.  They're back from their honeymoon (they went to New York City, by the way), they no longer require "chaperons" around the clock to make sure they are keeping their hands to themselves, and she's even making her husband peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the morning before he goes to work.  Isn't that cute?  (Tonight I asked Mike if I was a bad wife because usually when he leaves for work in the morning I'm completely incoherent and dead to the world.   I realized that I've never once made him a peanut butter sandwich to take to work.  He assured me that I have other good qualities- sandwich making just doesn't happen to be one of them.  Maybe someday.)

Anyways.  As usual, I have about 5,000 pictures from Bennett and Stacie's wedding (if you think that is an exaggeration you are wrong), and wanted to get some of these up on this here blog for documentation purposes.  So I might be lousy at keeping a journal lately, so I figure this is the next best thing.

Okay, so the night before Stacie and Bennett got married, his family hosted a beautiful wedding dinner at the Joseph Smith building.  It was intimate, classy, and best of all, I had a love affair with the food!  I was slightly nervous because I had a small 'speech' to give later on in the program and so I kept shoveling the food in to keep me distracted. (I know what you're thinking- you LOVE hearing yourself talk, especially in front of large groups of people... how could YOU be nervous? Well, once I get in front of the microphone I'm in my element, but beforehand I'm a bundle of nerves. Trust me, every two weeks when I teach relief society it's the same scenario.  It's a great way to instantly lose a few pounds.)  




lone ranger #1

lone ranger #2 (I tried to get them to pose as a 'couple' for me, but as usual I got the stink eye

They're thinking, "Sweet, in less than 24 hours we'll be married and no longer have to put up with all of these annoying "chaperons"!

We have a tradition in my family, that when one of us gets married, the siblings give a gift to the person getting married and their (almost) spouse.  It's not meant to be a roast, but it's supposed to be light, humorous, and fun.  Bennett's siblings and my brothers and I came bearing gifts that night, and we each gave a short little ditty to talk about our gift.

I told a few stories about Stacie not trusting me because I've been known to play practical jokes on her since we were kids. Example A. One time while attempting to pour ice water on her while she was showering, my plan failed miserably when the shower curtain came slamming down.  Next thing we know she, fully naked, and I, fully clothed, are tangled in the shower curtain with hot water running all over us. (she wasn't too happy about this one) Example B.  One night I hid in the fetal position in her closet for 45 minutes while I waited for her to come home.  I then proceeded to scratch on her closet door after she got in bed and scared the pants off her.  She ended up sprinting to my parent's room screaming that there was a man in her closet, and pretty soon my dad showed up in his underwear ready to attack.  That was fun!
I digress....
Anyway, I then related the fact that at first when I told Stacie I had met her future husband she did not trust me, and swore she'd never go out with this guy (can you blame her after all the years of torment?)  But alas, I was right, and knew it all along.  Just so they never forget who was responsible for bringing them together, I decided for my gift, I would give them one of their first pieces of artwork for their apartment! So I gave them a copy of my MISSION CALL!  I even framed it so that they could put it up right away on their wall!  They better or else! (Maybe I'll get some professional head shots done so that they can tack that up next to my mission call- or better yet, they could make a whole shrine to me!)


So I've got to tell you about my skirt.  I fell in love with it a couple months ago at anthropology.  I tried it on longingly, but in the end decided against it because it was 150 bones.  Skip ahead to the day before the wedding dinner.  I went to anthropology and was at the counter buying a different skirt, when my mom walked up with the floral blue (originally 150 bones skirt) and said "isn't this cute?"  Turns out, there was only one skirt left in the store, and it happened to be MY EXACT SIZE.  Oh, and guess how much it was? THIRTY NINE DOLLARS.  Yeeee-ha!  Bless the heavens above!  Can't beat saving $110 bucks on a skirt!  Like I've always said- Never buy anything for full price at anthropology, because three weeks later it'll be on sale!




Stay tuned for pictures and wedding stories that will make you pee your pants! (well, i almost did!)

6 comments:

Camille said...

That story of you hiding in the closet forever is like one of my absolute favorite stories EVER! I can totally picture you in a closet just cracking up as you wait for her. hahahahaha, I love you and that skirt IS adorable.

Little Lisa said...

I like that skirt too, but no matter how hard I try, it just won't look good on me. So sad :(

But you're right. Never buy anything full price there, unless they only have one left...right?

B said...

I like the detail and writing. I feel like you are returning back to the beginning of your blog when you wrote more. I like it. I also had to read out loud to Derek since it was so funny. :)

Rachel Ricchio said...

hhahahahaha! ang i was on the phone to customer service and laughed OUT LOUD at these stories! i remember you telling me those! ps. before i read your anthro story i was like, "hey i tried those on! LOL" ps...you can totally rock that skirt! it made me look like i have gigantic hips, but you look bangin! pss. love sister's anthro skirt too!

Jessica Adams said...

You are hilarious.
And yes, you are definitely right about the Anthropologie stuff, it usually does go on sale after about 3 weeks. Gotta love it!

Mike & Andrea said...

You guys, I agree with everyone. Wait three weeks, the anthro item will go on sale, and only buy it unless there is one left and you MUST HAVE. Love you all!