Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy 50th Birthday Dad!

My pops turned 50, YES 50 this past May.  He was partying hard in Argentina the day of his actual birthday, and so we drew out the birthday festivities and celebrated properly once he was home and jet lag had worn off a little bit.

We may have gotten a bit carried away with the balloons.  Mike's lips hurt for like three days afterwards.  (The picture really doesn't do it justice.)

My mom's friend Lori makes amazing cakes for all occasions, and so my mom commissioned her to make a crazy 50 years old cake!  It was the cutest thing ever!

Here is the front..... a beautiful path leading up to the age of 50.


And here is a shot of the back of the cake.... RIP.  The poor guy is falling off a cliff to his death!
This was the most creative cake I'd ever seen!





I want my kiddies to look like this!

We had a great night eating my mom's delicious lasagna, and celebrating my father by going around the room and telling the funniest stories we knew about him.  It was absolutely hilarious and by the end of the night we were in some serious pain from laughing so hard.  That dad of mine is a pretty funny guy.


Three generations of Hymas'



Love you popperoni!  Here's to many more great birthdays!

Post Script: Just a couple weekends ago we finally were able to go Go-Kart Racing as a family (part of my dad's birthday present).  My mom rented out a go-kart racing facility and the race was on!  It was so fun!  And scary- the boys in my family are nuts, including my dare devil husband.




I do have to brag for just a second because I won out of all the women drivers!  Woo hoo!

3 comments:

Mike & Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Ricchio said...

okay the cake is AMAZING! holy cow she does a great job!!! secondly, girl you look bangin!!! look at your body! you look way hot in a non homo way! LOL.

Aubrey Bergeson said...

That cake is hilarious, love it!! Hope you had a happy birthday too! Sorry for mentioning it :) Your dad was a way cute little kid, pretty sure you need to have a few that look like that!