Tuesday, June 28, 2011

temples and barbeques are two of my favorite things

A couple weeks ago my sister Stacie got to go to the Salt Lake Temple for the first time.  In our faith, being able to go to the temple is a privilege, a blessing, and a holy experience that we plan, prepare, and look forward to from the time we are young.  It is in the temple that we make covenants, or sacred promises with God, and learn more about the plan that he has for us.  I love going to the temple because it is a sanctuary from the world where I can ponder on the meaning of life, experience peace and quiet, find answers to prayers, and most importantly, feel God's love for me. 

Here is a video I love that explains more about temples and why they are important to our faith:



Being in the temple that day with Mike, Stacie & Bennett, Alex & Allie, my parents, grandparents, and some aunts and uncles was really great.  It was a wonderful day, and a great reminder for me that God is constantly blessing me more than I deserve.  God is so good.

Afterwards my parents had a big BBQ at their house with our family and Bennett's (my sister's now husband!) family.  I love any excuse I can get to enjoy a good burger!  Here are some of the photos I got....

my Hymas grandparents, Bennett & Stace


Allie & Alex, Pres & Mike


Ethan texting high school women


Dad doin what he does best at the grill







my grandma Joan and Darlene- so lucky to have them in my life!


Bennett's grandpa & my grandpa Sheldon becoming friends


cute grandpa hymas



when i try to get mike to pose for pictures he likes to pull weird stuff- like licking my face


1 comment:

B said...

I love your family and back yard.