Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday Weekend

After a couple of weeks, the shock has set in, and I'm happy to report that I'm comfortable and content with my new age.  Twenty-six is going to be a great year.  I can feel it. 
Here's a re-cap of this year's birthday: It just so happened that this year (along with most years), my birthday fell over Memorial Day Weekend.  I decided to take an additional day off work to kick off the festivities!  Friday morning, Gary and Carol (my in-laws) came to town, and took Mike and I to Market Street Grill for breakfast to celebrate.  The eggs benedict there are just about the closest thing to heaven, so if you ever get a chance, GO.  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture, but it was so nice of them to make room for me during their crazy week.
Next, Mike and I went over to say goodbye to our nieces and nephews.  Adam (Mike's oldest brother) just finished up residency at the U, and now they are off to Ohio to do a fellowship.  We have LOVED living so close to Adam & Kari and their kids, and are sad we will now be the only Bergeson's in the state of Utah (and basically on the west coast for that matter).  When Mike and I started dating these kids were just little, and it's been so fun to be an aunt and watch them grow up over the past couple of years.

 Me, Clate, Halle, Mike, and Chloe


 Their little baby brother Thomas is just about the cutest baby alive.  I'm going to miss this kid!



After saying our goodbyes, we went to the temple, attended a friend's wedding reception, and then Mike took me out.  We went to my favorite gourmet pizza place for dinner, then saw "Water for Elephants".  Have you seen it?  It was good, but heavier and deeper than I was anticipating.  If you're like me, and think it's just going to be a cute, light movie about elephants, think again.  We both enjoyed it though. 

The next morning, (my actual birthday), Mike and I woke up and decided to go for a run.  About a mile and a half into it, I started getting these really weird pains in my stomach.  I kept pushing through, until finally, I ended up collapsing onto someone's lawn.  Bad omen on my 26th birthday, or what?  Seconds later I was throwing up all over their grass.  YIKES.  Even Mike, who works at a hospital and is very level-headed when it comes to medical matters (un-like me), was freaking out and saying he thought he should take me to the ER.  He was ready to flag down a car to take us home, while I was begging him to STOP- I wasn't about to throw up in a poor passerby's car.  Luckily, the pain subsided quickly, and we were able to walk home.  I'm still not sure what happened, but I didn't let it get in the way of celebrating.

Mike fixed me his famous all-in-one breakfast, and then let me open my presents.  I was definitely impressed- this husband of mine has some great taste! (please ignore my creeeeeeper face in this photo- trying to show off the purse he picked out for me)


My favorite present however, had to be the video he made!  He put together pictures of us since we started dating to some of our favorite songs- it was priceless and I was sobbing like a baby.  He's a gem.

Later that afternoon, my mom and Stacie came and picked me up and we spent the day getting manicures and shopping!


Here's my little handy man husband- if anything is broken or needs to be fixed, Mike is the man for the job.  He seriously spent so much time that day fixing my new watch for me- isn't he cute?


That night, we had a little birthday party at my parent's house.  Thanks mom, you're the best.

 Here's to another fabulous year! 

4 comments:

B said...

Awww cute. I liked the video idea.

Camille said...

1) I love your hair color
2) That purse is FABULOUS.
3) Will you two stop being the cutest couple ever?! Seriously, you guys are perfect for eachother.
4) I love ya!

Sarah Larsen said...

Happy belated birthday Andrea! You look lovely as always!

P.S. I bought eye cream at 24. :)

Rachel Ricchio said...

you're such a BABE! i love keeping up with you via your blog. . . .sad, but reality right?! LOL. missss you tonnnsss and you have quite a dream husband ps!