Thursday, June 23, 2011

Girl's Trip

A couple weekends ago my mom, Stacie, Allie and I decided to go on a little girl's trip to celebrate Stacie's upcoming wedding!  Stace and Bennett would be getting married just 10 days later, so we wanted to have one last horrah with her as a single lady! 
We settled on going to our favorite place in the whole world- Sun Valley, because we wouldn't feel any pressure to sight see (because we've been there a million times), and we could get in some quality relaxation!
We left Thursday afternoon, and stopped in Hailey at the best italian restaurant known to man (seriously almost as good as the real stuff in Italy), Da Vinci's.





Afterwards we continued the drive to Sun Valley, and checked into the lodge and stayed up late talking, laughing, and watching youtube videos of the Bachelorette.  Ha!  It was actually the very first time Mike and I have ever spent a night apart, and we were both sad!  We missed each other a lot, but I had a great time with my mom and sisters.  I realized I am so grateful that leaving my husband home for few nights is tough and we don't like being away from each other!

Friday morning, we woke up and went running, went to breakfast, took a dip in the pool, got pedicures at the spa (well some of us- Allie and Stacie were less than thrilled with the service so my mom and I opted out when our turn came along).  Later we found ourselves eating sandwiches at the duck pond, reading our books, and playing cards for hours.




Ducks were all over the place- so pretty!




That night, we got all gussied up and went to the Ram for dinner.  It was my very first time there, and we had the most amazing meal ever.  Seriously, I had the best steak of my life- I was in heaven!




Later that night we ordered the best room service hot chocolate from Gretchen's and watched a chick flick! (Something our men usually don't appreciate quite like we do!)  

Saturday morning, we woke up, went on a walk around Sun Valley, and crashed at the pool.  It was a little cool outside, and so we ended up laying out wrapped up in towels reading our books!  ( I finished one and a half novels on our little four day excursion- it was so nice!)




That afternoon, we went to lunch, and spent time walking through shops in Ketchum.  It was so fun not to have a schedule we had to stick to and to feel so carefree all day.  Later, we went to the Sun Valley Opera house and saw "Sun Valley Serenade", an old movie about Sun Valley that plays for free every day at 4:30.  You'd think after years and years of going to Sun Valley, we would have seen it, but it was a first for all of us!  It was darling and hilarious, and I want to take Mike to see it. 



Then we took about a billion pictures on my camera of the ugliest faces we could muster.  I don't know why this is so entertaining to us, but it always is.  Here are a few of my favorites (please don't hate me for posting these you guys):

I look like I have elephant skin. SCARY.


This one just cracks me up.


Allie attempting to have a double chin.


Stacie being goofy.  love this one.



After we laughed ourselves to tears, we freshened up and went to Rico's for dinner- they have the most delicious pizza ever!


Because yes, we might be obsessed with food, we went out for dessert afterwards and got monstrous ice cream sundaes.  




We had planned on grabbing breakfast quick Sunday morning before we headed home, but since we had eaten ourselves sick all weekend, we opted to just hit the road instead. We made it home in good time, and it was wonderful to see Mike again!

I'm so grateful for my mom, my sister, and my sister-in-law- I had so much fun and can't wait to do it again!  Thanks again mom for everything, you're the best!  Love you guys!

6 comments:

Kellie said...

sounds like such a fun trip! and I was cracking up at all your funny faces!! so hilarious--you guys are awesome!

Jen said...

I am seriously so jealous! Looks like you guys had so much. Love crazy girl time pictures. Those are always the best when you laugh so hard you cry.

Allie said...

love this! that really was such a fun trip. love ya ang!

Alison said...

I laughed all over again seeing those crazy pictures. Good thing it was so much fun that I'm not even mad that there is a picture of me like that floating around cyber space. We have got to plan another one of these get aways! So much fun. Love you!

B said...

How fun! Ang we own Sun Valley Seranade. We always saw it as a family. I love it! I love Sun Valley too!!!

Meggera said...

Sun Valley is my FAVORITE place! I still remember seeing your family up there a few times when we were kids and on our yearly family vaca! Reading this made me so homesick for Sun Valley... ha! Can't wait to be there in exactly a month! I also have to say that Gretchens hot chocolate is to die for isn't it?!.. Never tried Da Vincis or Ricos though. Thanks for the new food options!