Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Belated Mothers Day!

I know Mother's Day was a couple weeks ago, but I wanted to publicly tell my mother how grateful I am for her in my life.  It's really hard to put into words the respect, admiration, and love that I feel for her.  We have a special bond that runs so so deep, that it's difficult to explain.  Over the past twenty six years she has taught me so much, mostly by her quiet example.  She's shown me the importance of putting people first, serving everyone around you, supporting your husband, sacrificing for your children, standing up for what you believe in, and loving the Savior and his gospel.   She's taught me that I can do hard things, to dream big, and to find the joy in living every single day.  She is the kindest, most giving, loving, beautiful, positive, strong, generous woman I know.  In my eyes, she is pretty perfect.  I hope that I can be just like her some day.  

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
- Abraham Lincoln





This year, I am also very grateful for my wonderful mother-in-law, Carol.  Carol is kind, strong, non-judgmental, loving and will do anything for her family.  I am so thankful for the way that she has welcomed me into her family, and become such a good friend over the past year and a half.  Mostly though, I will forever be grateful to Carol for raising such a perfect son.  I thank my lucky stars every. single. day for Mike, and I know that a huge part of the reason he is so kind, gentle, humble, patient, forgiving, and loving is because of the way his mother raised him.  Thank you Carol, from the very bottom of my heart. 



This year for Mother's Day, Mike made me breakfast, and surprised me with some new perfume.  I felt a little weird being celebrated since I'm not a mother yet, but that just shows how thoughtful, and kind he is.  I cannot wait until we are blessed to be parents someday, and we are so anxious and excited to bring children into this world that we can love, teach and raise together.



After a beautiful church service we went to my parent's house and my siblings and I made dinner for my mom. 




To all mothers out there, thanks for all that you do!  Your job is difficult, but so important.

No comments: