Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stacie's Wedding Part 2

The morning of Stacie's wedding, Mike and my brothers decided that in honor of Stacie's upcoming marriage they would go golfing (how thoughtful of them, right?).  So, I being the worrier/control freak that I am, told Mike that I thought going golfing all morning under the hot sun was a foolish decision considering we had a major event packed wedding day to attend to.  I didn't want him to be sun-burnt, grumpy, or tired and so naturally sleeping in that morning and making me breakfast (kidding, but not) was a much better idea.  He didn't seem to think so, and in the end they went to the golf course at 6 am.

When I woke up I was bugged nobody was there to make me breakfast (kidding, but not), and so I decided to go on a run.  (This is subject matter for an entire blog post in and of itself- bottom line: I've begun running again).  I started on my normal run, thinking about how dumb my husband and brothers were for being outside all morning.  They were going to be pooped by the end of the day and I wasn't going to feel sorry for them.  I don't know if my ipod simply got the better of me, if the heat made me dillusional, or if I was overly emotional because my baby sister was getting married in four hours, but by the time I got back to my house I realized I had ran nearly seven miles.  (Mind you, running seven miles might be a normal day occurrence for you, and if that is the case, I praise you.  You are a better person than me.  Considering the fact that a month and a half ago I ran 1.5 miles and literally told Mike I needed to go to the hospital because I was going to die from cardiac arrest may help you understand that running seven miles is IN NO WAY NORMAL FOR ME. )  In fact I started to wonder what the heck I'd been thinking when I had to hold onto the railing and limp up the stairs to get to my apartment.  I was supposed to be wearing my beautiful new five inch camel heels all day, and the thought made me want to cry.  I decided to go eat breakfast with my parents and help Stacie get ready for the wedding, and so I hobbled to my car and drove to my parents house.

Mike and my brothers met me there, and while I was already feeling the sorry effects of a long run, they had experienced a relaxing, rest full morning on the green.  I'm pretty sure karma, or something evil like it was at work here because after all my nagging I was the one with the tired, broken down body.  Go figure. 

Anyway, the important thing was that Stacie and Bennett did it!  They got married!  And neither one of them were even nervous (something I cannot even remotely begin to understand- I was a nervous wreck on my wedding day.  It's just who I am).  It was a lovely ceremony, and the only thing that would have made it better is if I had worn waterproof mascara.  I was a complete mess by the time it was over, and I had makeup dripping all over my face.  Let me tell you, I looked like one HOT clown. 


I was going to wait and post some of the professional photos-- but it's summer wedding season folks and that means a 4-6 week wait (those of us who tied the knot in the dead of winter certainly didn't have that problem now, did we?)  In any case, here are some photos from the day!


 waiting outside the temple

 the sibs

 the happy couple! 

 stunning, gorgeous, timeless, classy, and lovely all rolled into one tiny little package




 aren't they perfect together or what?


 brothers being goofy as always


 parents and surrogate parents


 





After the photographer released us from picture duties, Mike and I decided to go to a nearby cafe for lunch to enjoy the cool air conditioner since it felt like an oven outside, and it was hot as hades in our apartment.  Hello it's finally summer in Utah!  This is how we looked/felt:



I realize the lighting is horrible and over-exposed, but the face says it all.  I just want a full body massage and a popsicle.  And maybe an ice water.  Is that too much to ask?  

Stay tuned for more (funny) wedding adventures!

2 comments:

B said...

Okay, Stacie is amazing. I was super uneasy on my wedding morning and starved until after the ceremony when I finally stuffed my face with everything in my mom's kitchen.

AND we started running too! It's horrible. I could not run 7 miles to save my life. The 2 miles is sometimes half walked/half run/half awake (at 6 am).

About me said...

the wedding look amazing! what beautiful bride!