Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stacie's Wedding Part 3

Okay, I promise this is the last installment of the wedding for those of you who think all I'm ever going to write about anymore is Stacie's wedding day!  She's my sister okay?  Lay off people!

Where was I?  Okay, on to the reception and all of the chaos that ensued...

The reception was held at a beautiful new place in Sugar House called Cucina Nassi.  After freshening up, Mike and I were driving to the reception hall to get there in time for pictures when I got a call from my mom.  She proceeds to inform me that my dad and two of my brothers (all of whom were dressed up in tuxes at the time) got into a minor car accident on their way to the reception.

Debaucle #1: Yes, my dad got into a car accident on the way to his daughter's wedding.  Talk about a money pit, man!

Once my mom assured me that nobody was hurt, it actually became quite hilarious.  You see, my dad doesn't pay attention when he drives (any family member will agree).  In fact, I'm truly surprised that this hasn't happened before.  As Ethan tells the story, they were just a few blocks away from Cucina Nassi when my dad turned to my brothers and made some joke about the party not starting yet because the three of them weren't there, and then BOOM..... they ran into the car in front of them at a stop light.

Luckily no one was hurt, there wasn't too much damage to either car, and my dad was a good sport about it.  He was laughing about it five minutes later and didn't let it ruin his night.

scotty h. post car accident

Literally thirty seconds after I hang up with my mom, I get a phone call from Stacie.  The conversation went like this:
Me: Hi Stace
Stacie: Hey, have you guys left yet?
Me: Yep, we are just a few minutes away- almost there.  What's up?
Stacie: Weeeeeeellllllllllll...............we have a situation.  Ummmmmm, Bennett lost his pants.


Debaucle #2: Yes, you read that correctly.  Bennett, the groom, misplaced his pants.
The first thing I thought was 'Seriously?  You already got busy at the hotel?'  But it turns out, dear old Bennett, with the stress, excitement, and craziness of his wedding day, had left his tux pants in the dressing room at the temple after taking pictures.  And now, minutes before he was supposed to be the focal point of more pictures, he was pantless.

Talk about a crazy predicament.  

So, here's what happened next:
beware of teenage boy half naked

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  As fate would have it, Bennett and my brother Ethan just happen to be about the same size.  So, Ethan handed over his pants to Bennett for the sake of pictures, and ended up lounging around/worshiping his body in his white shirt, bow tie, and underpants for a good hour or so.  Like any sixteen year old would, he loved having an excuse to hang out half naked.

Don't worry...my grandparents went to the temple, found the pants, and Bennett changed into his real pants (the ones that actually matched his tux) just minutes before guests arrived.  

If you thought that was the end of outfit malfunctions, think again.
Debaucle #3: Lipstick meets my booty

Everyone had made it to the reception hall safely, the pant situation had been solved, and I thought the rest of the night was going to be smooth sailing.   We started having fun with my camera.....




After snapping a few pictures, Allie stopped me dead in my tracks and told me that I had something on my butt.  

Oh no.

Oh yesssssssss.  At first we thought it was chocolate, but after my mom tasted it, she determined it to be plum lipstick of some sort.  
First of all, I don't even own plum lipstick, so how in the world did it get on my bum?  It remains a mystery to me still to this day, weeks later. 

my back side.

Now, I know it wasn't my wedding day, and nobody was going to be paying attention to my bum besides my husband, but still, I'm not exactly comfortable walking around with spots on my booty, especially spots that could quite possibly cause people to believe that I am currently experiencing womanly problems and need a tampax.  YIKES.

We scrubbed with club soda, hand soap, water, and Mike even ran to the store to grab a tide pen.  To my dismay, nothing worked.  The lipstick wouldn't budge, and I walked around all night with spots on my butt!  Fun!  As I was complaining about it, my little brother Preston assured me in all seriousness that nobody was going to look at my butt, and if anybody did they were a PERVERT anyway.  Oh bless his fifteen year old heart for thinking that even glancing at a girl's bum is perverted.  I hope he stays that way for at least five more years.

Anyway, the reception turned out to be a smashing success.  After planning my wedding, and now Stacie's, I'm trying to convince my mother to start a wedding planning business because she would ROCK IT.  She is so amazing and detail oriented! The venue was magical, flowers and decorations were classy and fresh, the band was awesome, the bride and groom looked amazing, and the italian food and gelato were delightful (it should have been- the owner hails straight from italy and owns one of the best italian restaurants in slc).  It was a perfect party, and a perfect evening.  





 Congrats Bennito and Stace!  Love you guys!

3 comments:

B said...

What a great way to start my day: laughing at your stories. Wow, hilarious but I'm glad none of the things were things that would ruin her day.

Camille said...

Oh my gosh, your family CRACKS me up. How do you get lipstick like that on your butt. So so funny! And ps those dresses are adorable!!

Bryana said...

Andrea you are so pretty! I wanna see your new hair in person! Its perfect on you. Also thats so AWESOME that you hooked up your sis with an elder from our mish! Now you'll all get to visit together:) love it.