Friday, July 29, 2011

Sun Valley in Pictures

We had such a great week up at Sun Valley!  In addition to playing the david game, some of the highlights included:
- My favorite delicious Sun Valley restaurants
-Purchasing a cool globe at "The Gold Mine"- best.thrift.store.ever.
- Playing werewolf mafia until 2am in the dark
- My grandma shocking all of us by being Lady Gaga in the name game- I didn't know she even knew who Lady Gaga was!
- Me inheriting the new nickname "moose dung" (don't ask)
- Jumping in Red Fish Lake in FREEZING temperatures
- huckleberry shakes
- the annual Cherry spitting contest
- golfing, hiking, running, swimming, bowling
- The best Jim Spud potato I've ever eaten
- Cousin lunch with grandpa and grandma
- Games.  Games.  Games.


Mike and I were in charge of the family put-put golf tournament


I played horribly, but it was still fun- and beautiful!


The three winners from each division- looks like the Hymas girls need to step up our game


the whole family at the golf course


lots of swimming, catapulting, and tricks in the sun valley pool


lots of strikes at the sun valley bowling alley (it's literally shorter than other bowling alleys so I rock it there!)



Team Green.




Family cookout and field games at the park





the annual Cherry spitting contest


my husband sure knows how to spit.  i am so proud. 2nd place overall!


the unveiling of the annual child family song (yes, we really do have a song- and it's awesome!)


the annual girl cousin breakfast at the bluebird cafe


the most glorious huckleberry shakes at Smiley's Cafe, on our way to Red Fish Lake



I love how Preston is kneeling in the middle.  Mike asked him where his date was, and Ethan yelled from the car that he wasn't about to get in this picture..


the usual car situation- Mike can fall asleep instantly in the back seat of a car.  It's so funny to watch.


a cold, cold day at Red Fish Lake

Us women were not about to subject ourselves to the misery of the waters...... 


so I acted as photographer instead!  Mike, and my brothers all jumped in.....




the three of us decided we were missing out, so we put on our swimsuits and got ready.


when we jumped in, it was the coldest water I've ever swam in!  Look at my face!  Shock!  Horror!  HELP!


I only wish you could physically feel the temperature of that water...




the david became part of our family!


breakfast at Gretchen's

the lovely duckpond




Man, I love my family.  And I adore our yearly Sun Valley trip.
Until next year........ Thanks grandpa!


7 comments:

Camille said...

Oh my gosh your face in the lake is priceless!! Man I love you.

Aubrey Bergeson said...

Your family is so much fun! I love your red hair! It will be great to see you guys in Boston :)

Alison said...

I want to go back. Right Now!

Rachel Ricchio said...

i just sent you an email to your hymas gmail account so i hope you get it! i don't have your new married one!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a lovely weekend in Sun Valley! I love your bathing suit...you and your hubby r 2 adorable!

whitney johnson said...

wow, that looks like SO much fun! i love family reunions! and i really admire you for jumping in that cold water--i could've never done that! :)

About me said...

this trips looks like so so much fun!