Thursday, July 7, 2011

Idaho Youdaho Road Trip

A couple weekends ago Mike and I set out on a little road trip up to Idaho Falls to see Mike's parents!  And you know what driving in the car with me for three hours means?  I start to get pretty obnoxious with the camera.... poor Mike.

look at his face... he doesn't even humor me anymore by looking at the camera!




 Idaho the beautiful.  The clouds were phenomenal.

It just so happens that Kari, my sister-in-law, and her four kids are living in Idaho falls for the summer before they move to Ohio, so we were stoked to see them too!  We miss having nieces and nephews that live close by!  We made it safely Friday night, had dinner and then played games and hung out.  Saturday morning Mike and I went running around the Greenbelt (where the actual Idaho falls are), then we all went to Clate's t-ball game. 

 the kid knows how to play ball


 this is my favorite picture Mike took- oh to be 6 again playing t-ball and running the bases!


Afterwards, we made our way to the world-famous (or Idaho famous at least), Big Jud's.  You don't understand how excited I was to try this place!  Ever since Mike and I started dating over two years ago, he's talked and talked about how amazing their burgers are!  The best part is that the restaurant is in this old podunk building that used to be a gas station that's in the middle of nowhere.  I take that back- it's smack dab on a cow pasture in the middle of nowhere!  Man vs. Food (one of our guilty pleasure tv shows) actually went to Big Jud's to attempt to finish their 1 pound cheeseburger a while back.  We ordered one for the sake of trying it and it took up one whole plate!  It was the biggest cheeseburger I'd ever seen.  Sadly I was drooling too much to even think to take a picture, but it did not disappoint!  It was juicy, not too greasy, and cooked to perfection.  I can't wait to go back!  I joked about eating the whole thing by myself, but it actually ended up feeding five of us! Maybe next time...



After stuffing our faces, we decided to go swimming!  We drove up to Heise, this old water park nestled in the mountains of eastern Idaho next to the Snake River.  It actually had natural hot pots there as well as normal water park stuff, which was so cool! 



After we finished up at the water park, we had a picnic on the river, skipped rocks, and went home and crashed.  Sunday we went to stake conference, had a bbq, played with nieces and nephews, and relaxed before heading home to Salt Lake. 

Halle & Chloe

 baby Thomas- I wanted to take this kid home!





Thanks Gary and Carol for a great weekend!  We love you!

5 comments:

Alison said...

look how cute your hair is! xo

Jake-Becky-Chase said...

Looks like fun Andrea! That is where we are planning our family vacation this year. What are some fun things we should do when we are there? Thanks!!

Charlotte said...

LOVE your swoopy bangs and curly hair!!

About me said...

so fun! you look fab!

Anonymous said...

Soon after, we all created our way to the actual world-famous (or perhaps Carolina well-known a minimum of) 英文SEO, Large Jud's. You don't get exactly how fired up I used to be to try this position! Ever because Robert and that i started out online dating more than two years previously, he's spoke along with mentioned exactly how amazing his or her hamburgers are usually! The thing is the restaurant is this specific aged podunk creating in which had been the service station that is in the middle of thin air. I acquire that back- it is slap sprinkle with a cow field during no place! Man vs. Food (a accountable pleasure shows) really went along to Large Jud's to try and complete their One lb World Of Warcraft Gold. hamburger some time rear. We obtained one in the interests of giving it a go plus it took up one particular whole menu! It was the largest burger I might experienced. Sadly I had been drooling excessive to be able to think to adopt images, however it would not let down! It was moist, much less slimy, along with cooked properly to perfection. I can't hold out to come back! I laughed concerning wow buy gold ingesting the whole lot without any help, but it truly wound up serving a few of us! Possibly the next occasion...