Saturday, August 13, 2011

Summer, we love you. Please don't go.

Mike and I both agreed the other day that this summer has been one of the funnest of our lives.  We have loved our second summer living in the avenues, and we feel so blessed to have so many great friends and family members close by to spend our time with!  Since Mike works 12 hour shifts at St. Mark's hospital, he gets four days off a week to play.  I have a super flexible work schedule as well, and as a result we've had a lot of fun together over the past few months!  We realized just the other day that our summer to-do list we made a few months ago is just about all checked off!

Here are some of the random things we've been up to, in addition to the stuff I've already blogged about.....


Delicious cookouts with friends up City Creek Canyon


Love these girls.


Since Mike has had so much free time this summer, he's become quite the grill master!  We're talking at least 3 nights a week.  Thankfully, our neighbors are supportive and trust us not to burn the whole building down.


 
I take that back.  He's become the cooking master in general.  I haven't had to make dinner in months!


We even learned how to make our own pasta!




Dinner with my grandparents- we love living seconds away from each other!


Mike and Ethan and Preston cleaned out a ditch for my dad for a little extra cash and they are still talking about how traumatizing it was...


Mike's first love (before I came into the picture) was dirt biking.  Let's just say he was in heaven when he got a chance to hop on this bad boy.


An evening at the Bee's Baseball Game


Our little cafe rio picnic before the 24th of July Fireworks


We love us some Fireworks!




Mike and I signed up to run a 10k on the 24th, but sadly, I injured my knee and couldn't run it.  I somehow convinced Bennett last minute to take my spot (he had only run twice in the past year or so)- they both did awesome!! 



Stacie and I were the proud/groggy cheering section.


Trying to get all rodeo'd up! 


The Ogden rodeo is so amazing- it's one of the best real rodeo's around.


More BBQs with friends


I can't even tell you how many evenings/afternoons have been spent on a blanket in the park next to our house with a deck of cards and a couple of books.  Mike manages to spank me every time, but I still love it.  This is what I live for!




Market Street Eggs Benedict = Best.Meal.Ever.


Mini-golfing at Cherry Hill




Enjoying all of the outdoor movies at the Capitol right by our house!

For the next two weeks, we'll be living it up while we can!!
Hope you're having a great summer too!

3 comments:

Alex B said...

so fun. although i am a bit jealous that we can't be the friends hanging out together. miss you.
megan

Camille said...

Love. So much. You are making me want to pack up life and move to the Avenues. Love you two!

Little Lisa said...

It makes me so happy to see the fun summer you had! Utah summer truly are some of the best.

Houston is weird. We stay inside all summer and live it up the rest of the year, except for our two weeks of winter in January.

You and Mike are so cute! Miss you!!