Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday. Truly, it is. Ever since I was a little girl, I've adored it. The only problem that I have with this fine holiday, is the assortment of desserts that are consumed at the dinner table. I am not a pie lover. Especially not a pumpkin pie lover. I would much rather have a piece of chocolate cake to celebrate the first harvest. Every year I try to convince my mother to switch up dessert, but she is too steeped in tradition to bend to my modern ways. There's a new sheriff in town when I'm in charge of Thanksgiving dinner.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Gross! I absolutely hate cake, especially chocolate cake. That is one of the reasons I love Thanksgiving, because people FINALLY serve pie! It is a fun holiday! See you in a few hours!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I hate pumpkin pie too!! I was in charge of the pies this year for our potluck -- and we're eating berry and apple.

b said...

You don't like pumpkin pie?! You probably don't like egg nog either... Lame.

jessaveda said...

I've got one more nay for pumpkin pie. My homemade cheesecake definitely trumped the 3 Marie Callendar numbers (an undercooked pumpkin--yuck, lemon meringue--yuck, and rotting banana cream--double yuck)we had at our thanksgiving dinner.