Friday, November 9, 2007

Beware of Fragrance Bulbs

My mother is all about Bath & Body Works fragrance bulbs. You plug them into an electrical outlet, and Walah... sweet fragrance fills the entire room for 6-8 weeks guaranteed. They are a woman's dream. Her patronage alone certainly prevents these little bulbs from being discontinued; she keeps an endless supply on hand at all times.
I walked into the house this afternoon and the most potent smell I've ever encountered literally knocked me over. I immediately felt naucious, and seconds later I was dry-heaving. The smell was a combination of teeth being drilled at a dentist's office, and really bad, cheap men's cologne. It was absolutely horrifying. At first I truly wondered if it was a dead animal. After pacing the house for a few minutes, I found the nasty culprit... a fragrance wall plug-in. It's name, you ask? Sensual Amber. Okay, who really wants their house to smell sexy? (Besides my mother, apparently). I am here to tell you that Sensual Amber is anything but a turn-on. Bath & Body Works seroiusly disappointed me this time. I quickly made it my charge to destroy every box of Sensual Amber bulbs I could find in the house.
Let this be a word of caution to you all. When purchasing fragrance bulbs, it is in your best interest to be extremely selective.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Andrea, you always ask me why I don't post a comment on your blogs and until now, my answer has been because I have nothing fresh to add. With this one I feel a need to redeem myself as I have been portrayed as a 'sensual amber' loving fool. A few things you failed to mention are:
1. I plugged in the sensual amber and promptly vacated the vacinity, thereby being oblivious to the aroma.
2. I concurred that 'sensual amber' smelled disturbingly similar to a bottle of my grandfather's rancid cologne.
3. If memory serves, I believe I was the one who gave you the remaining 'sensual amber' fragrance bulbs to toss.
I will admit to buying the fragrance on sale...It should have been my first clue.
...Just to set the record straight.

jessaveda said...

yeah, down with sensual amber. I was at someone's home last weekend who had the s.a. hand soap. It made my hands smelled like stale baby powder for the remainder of the evening. gross.

Joseph Brady's Portfolio said...

BOOOOOOOOOO.... Amber stinks when it gets sensual, everybody knows that. I just like the mental picture of you running around the house dry heaving, looking for a dead rodent. I would have run to the front door and chucked it as far as I could. Pffff... sensual amber.... who needs it. But now your lungs are prepared for an attack of the stinkiest proportions. When sensual amber attacks.

Rachel Ricchio said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are hilarious.