Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Mike!

Some of you may not know this, but I am quite a bit older than Mike.  Two years and eleven months to be exact.  Before Mike, I had always dated older guys, and had never really even considered dating someone younger than me.  When Mike and I started dating I figured it would just be a fling because I was a lot older than him, but I was really surprised that the age difference wasn't weird at all.  Turns out I love being married to a younger man, and I recommend it to everyone for a myriad of reasons!  An elderly lady put it best when she said, "Marrying younger is the best way to go!  That way, you won't be a widow for too long!"  I'm banking on that.  Since women traditionally live 3 years longer than men, I figure we'll probably die around the same time.  (Not till I'm 95 and he's 92 though). 

Anyways, I always forget about the age difference thing because A) Mike looks older than me, B) Mike acts older than me (Everyone that knows him will attest to the fact that he has always been a wise old soul), and C) Everyone thinks Mike is older than me!  However, I always love when his birthday rolls around because it means now I'm only 2 years older than him instead of 3.  Too bad I can't stay 25 forever. 

This past Wednesday, Mike turned the ripe old age of 23!  We started out the morning by going to Kneaders and eating their incredible french toast for breakfast....







Next, we went home and I let Mike open one of his presents.  (I decided to throw together a mini-shrine to Mike the night before at 12:30 am)


I gave him a golf club driver he's been eying since last summer... he was seriously as giddy as a schoolboy, and immediately left to hit up the driving range while I went to work for a few hours.


That afternoon, we went to a movie and ate ourselves sick with popcorn and candy.  
(he was good to cooperate and let me take a picture)


Next, we went to Happy Sumo and dined on crab cakes and sushi.  Can you tell we like to celebrate with food?  I promise we do have more hobbies besides eating.


Afterwards, we came home and opened the rest of his presents, then had a few of our friends over for cake and ice cream!




Happy Birthday Mike- Love you!

5 comments:

Erika said...

WOW, I feel SO old hearing he is only 23! How did I not know that? Happy Birthday, mike. And Ang, I love your hair - the color is fabulous!

Rachel Ricchio said...

this is the cutest post ever. . . HEY GUESS WHAT?!?! im coming to utah at the end of may for a wedding in the draper temple and im HOPING i will get to see you and your husband and have it be like old times!!! I MISS YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

About me said...

Happy Birthday Mike! wish we could have celebrated with you!

Bethany said...

thank you for being friends with dave nielsen. how did that happen??

Jen said...

Wow he is only 23! That makes me feel really old all of a sudden like 23 was a lifetime ago.