Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Return of Polygamy?

The other day my boss asked me to drop off a script at a radio station. I was assigned to make sure that it was recorded correctly before it went on air. Not a problem. I got there, and right away the man I was working with gave me the creeps. I tried to dismiss the fact that he was blatantly hitting on me, and he was my father's age. 46. To make it even worse, he had pictures of his wife and kids all over his desk. At first I ignored his sloppy flirtatious remarks, until out of the blue he looked at me with crazy eyes and said, "You know, when polygamy is legal again, I want to take you for a wife." WHAT????? PERV!!!!!! Who says that? I was horrified. Quite honestly, it scared the living daylights out of me. I tried to keep my composure and replied, "That is absolutely disgusting." Two minutes later I was out of there. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

8 comments:

jonny h said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
that's awesome!! it totally beats the pervy mexi story from NYC!!
don't worry andrea, i'll take you as a wife before i let some creep take you for his second wife
that is sooooo creepy!!

andrea said...

I'm not sure that it beats the mexican man at work peeping up my skirt... that was NASTY. Thanks Jonny, that means a lot coming from you. I knew I could always count on my Will.

Shalayne said...

Ang...I just found your blog randomly! I love it! Congrats on the mission call...you will be wonderful! You know that Christena is in the Cleveland mission too!

Titensor Family said...

ok lets be honest....why out of all the people i know...you have the greatest stories about weird men coming after you!! I mean i know why men come after you, but really why would they ever in a million years think they had a chance with you? and don't worry, I wouldn't let you be a second wife...before that happened we would run for the border and live on the beach sipping drinks all day

Paul said...

Is he going to wait for you while you're on your mission?

Erika said...

Sick! Totally disgusting. At least you have a good way to reply...I would have been speechless. How are the mission plans going?

Sarah said...

Wow. I will be repeating that one at many family gatherings.

Little Lisa said...

That is gross. That happened to my mom once too. Her boss called her into his office and said, "How do you feel about polygamy, because I'm looking for another wife." YIKES!!

Anyway, don't go running off with Warren Jeffs anytime soon, and let's get together soon. I miss you!