Thursday, March 3, 2011

painting, waffles, and card games

As with any other holiday, we celebrated Valentine's day over the course of a whole week!  As part of our love day festivities, Mike picked me up from work one day and took me to Michael's to pick out paints.  When we got home, I found this little art gallery he had created so that we could go to town on our own canvas! 


We had been wanting to do this for a while now, and it turned out to be one of the funnest art projects we've ever done together!  Throwing paint at the wall was so awesome!


 

Here is the finished product.  We love it!  Mostly because we did it together to celebrate our love!  I think it looks much cooler in real life so come on over!


Here are a few pictures of us as of late....

Eating Italian gelato at our favorite spot on 9th and 9th



My little housewife husband.  Seriously, I hit the jackpot when I married Mike, for a multitude of reasons, one of them being the fact that he is an excellent chef.  He cooks these amazing gourmet dinners all the time, for which I am so grateful.  Now I just need to get him a manly apron so he doesn't have to wear all of my girl ones.  I came home from work one day and found him wearing this floral apron and had a good laugh...



As I mentioned in my last post, we've been hitting up Jazz games lately, thanks to all of the tickets my parents gave Mike for Christmas this past year.  Mike wears his Jazz shirt for the both of us...



We like to stay cultured.  For every sporting event we attend, we go to something else that is artistic.  Last week we went to the play Hairspray at the new Legacy Centerpointe Theater.



One rainy Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago, we decided to forget running errands, forget doing laundry, and forget doing everything responsible.  We dropped everything, and set for an adventure.  First we ended up at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.  They had an amazing modern art and photography exhibit that we loved!



 After the museum, we stopped at the downtown D.I.  Mike prefers other thrift stores to the D.I. because the smells bother him, but there are always gems to be found.  I got some suweeeeet vintage blouses for eight bucks.  I was so proud of my finds.  After shopping, we decided to try this Belgian Waffle place we've been dying to try.  The frites and waffles did not disappoint!  In fact, we've already been back for more! 





 YUMMY!!!


Afterwards, we went to the grocery store and picked up the ingredients to make one of our favorite Italian dishes.  We went home, curled up on the couch and read, made dinner together, and enjoyed a relaxing evening at home.  The best.

Speaking of staying in, the other night we decided to turn off our phones, computers, etc and stay home and play card games.  Just the two of us.  We literally played for hours and hours and laughed all night.  If you like playing card games, call us!  We're in!




One of his many other skills is shuffling.  Don't even get me started....

9 comments:

B said...

I'm calling you now to play cards ;)

I love that he set up that paint gallery for you. Mike is seriously a gem.

Titensor Family said...

This is a great post. SUch a cute blouse...and tell mike i understand the smell thing with the DI. I stayed away for years because of it. Lately with all the great toy deals I find I have ventured back in and it's not as bad as I remembered....

Kellie said...

oh i love the painting! i'm going to have to do that :)
We've been to that Belgian waffle place and it's really good.
Now you have to post pictures of your DI blouses! I miss that place!

Mike & Andrea said...

I'm so glad you guys appreciate the beauty of the D.I! Yes, the smells are weird, but once you wash things on the super hot sanitation rinse in the washer it's good as new again! Kellie, the polka dot blouse I'm wearing at the end of this post is one of the blouses I found for 5 bucks. Seriously, the photos don't do it justice though.. it's even cuter in real life!

Rachel Ricchio said...

i love you guys!

Becca said...

i love all of this. you guys have so much fun. how funny that we live so close! i wish we were in the same ward. it would be fun to do something sometime.

Nicole Lawrence said...

cute v-day idea! Love your cute little dining area too!

About me said...

you guys are too cute! wish we were there to go to jazz games, try new restaurants and play card games with you!

Meggera said...

Sounds like we need to get together. Our husbands would really get along, and we already know that we get a long!