Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Family Reunion???

The other day we were tracting and came across a very large house, with about 12 cars in the driveway/on the road. Sister Shoell was like, “We probably shouldn’t go to this house because it looks like they are having a party.” Of course I’m trying to get her excited and so I say, “Of course we go to this house! Maybe it’s a family reunion and we can teach all of them!” So we walk down the driveway and a couple of guys are outside smoking. We ask them what’s going on and they say they are having a big wine tasting party, but they invite us in to tell everyone about the bronze exhibit in Kirtland. We walk into the garage and down some stairs into a basement, and to my horror the room is full of about 15 big men. Not only are they big, but they are drinking wine. YIKES. The door behind me is still open and I give them a flyer and try to act as natural as possible (Sister Shoell said I didn’t look nervous. She on the other hand didn’t say a word she was so scared.) I invited them to the exhibit and gave them a book of mormon card and invited them to call for a free copy. We turn around to go back up the steps, and two huge guys start coming down the stairs at us. The guys started telling them to shut the door so that we could stay and have some wine. In my mind I start to think of all of the horrible possibilities and I panic. I grab sister shoell’s arm and push through the guys and we book it up the stairs and out the garage and down the driveway. One of them followed us up to apologize. I never really knew the meaning of the scripture in D&C 84:88 where Christ promises to be on your right hand and left, and to have angels bearing you up. Angels were definitely with us that day. I felt so protected and watched over. I had to assure Sister Shoell that that NEVER happens. Most the time they really are family reunions.

No comments: