Thursday, December 8, 2011

Playing Catchup Part 1: Fall Holidays

I officially fail at blogging.  I'm not even sure if anyone reads this anymore, and I know everyone is way over Halloween and other fall events, but for the sake of keeping some sort of history, I figured I should throw these on the blog.
Life has been crazy, filled with way more important things than keeping up this blog (or so I like to tell myself).  Between Mike's crazy nursing schedule and work, my interior design classes and work (seriously, what was I thinking when I decided to go back to school?), church callings, a move, and other exciting events, it's been pretty crazy for the past few months.  I'm going to try to do a few updating posts, so for now, here are a few pictures....


I love all holidays.  Period.  We had our annual murder mystery party with my family for Halloween, and had a blast.  It was a 70's themed party.  I had to dress us as a Super Model from the 70's, and Mike's character was a disturbed thriller novelist.


We probably spent an hour in the bathroom before the party trying to perfect the 70's feathered hair.... good thing I didn't peak in the 70's, because my hair was not having it.



My mom on the other hand?  She was MADE for the 1970's!  Look at that hair of hers!  It took her right back to her junior high days at Clearfield junior and she rocked it all night long!



A picture of the boys in my family- before the other guests arrived.


Again, my hair was just gross.
It was a great night though!


We went to another big extended Halloween dress up party, and my sister and brother and I were without costumes.  Last minute, we went into my parents basement and dug up our old CJH officer sweaters- bahahaha.  Seriously, it was TWELVE years ago that I was in the 9th grade.  DANG I'm old!



 Mike's mom brought down one of his old halloween costumes a couple months ago, and he was THRILLED to dress up as a Ninja Turtle- ahahah

In October, we went up and stayed with my family at a condo in Park City over UEA...












Anyone who knows me well, knows that Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday!  This year, we had FOUR thanksgiving dinners to celebrate!  First, Mike's parents came down and took us out for a Thanksgiving dinner the weekend before Thanksgiving (they also helped us move all weekend for which we were so grateful.  More on our move to come.)

We hosted our second Thanksgiving dinner at our new place with some of our best friends, the Nielsen's and the Dalley's.  The boys got this wild idea to deep fry a turkey (Dave actually bought a turkey fryer), and so we decided to make a Thanksgiving dinner out of it!

Dave with the turkey in all it's glory.






The boys geared up for the cold two hours in the backyard watching the turkey fry- wearing snow suits and coveralls.  These guys are hilarious when they get together..


We opted to stay inside in the warm kitchen eating appetizers and testing our gravy making skills.



The Thanksgiving Feast.



I wish I would have taken a close-up of the deep fried turkey.  Seriously, it was probably the tastiest turkey I've ever eaten.  Absolutely delicious.  I was a nervous wreck the boys were going to burn the house down, so once it was on the table and the deep fryer was turned off I could finally relax.  It was worth the anxiety!



On Thanksgiving day we went to my aunt's house for a big extended family dinner.  It was great!  


Mike was the "baby whisperer" to little Wes, my cousin's brand new baby boy.  Precious.

I wish I would have taken pictures of our last Thanksgiving dinner, at my parent's house with just my immediate family.  It was great, but I am okay that Thanksgiving is a year away now- I don't think I could eat more green bean casserole if you paid me.  

We have so much to be grateful for, and celebrating Thanksgiving is always a great time to reflect on all of the blessings God has given us.  I'm so grateful for a wonderful husband, the gospel of Jesus Christ, amazing family, good friends, temples, education, trials that help us grow, a great neighborhood, God's timing in our lives, a beautiful home to live in, and all of the opportunities I'm constantly given.  God is so good, and Mike and I feel so blessed.  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ethan and Preston in that Halloween picture KILL me! Love it. Can't wait to see you soon. You coming the family Christmas party?

Mikelle Jade said...

I seriously cannot get over the picture of your dad in the orange shirt. crazy.

Congrats on the baby by the way :)
AND moving! yay!