Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Our Latest Adventures with Food

Life is busy.
Mike basically eats, sleeps, studies & spends his days at St. Mark's hospital.  He is totally rocking nursing school- I am so proud of him!
I've been swamped working full time, doing my interior design program part time, & just got called to serve in the Relief Society Presidency in our church.  
It's been chaotic to say the least.

Despite the crazy schedules, we still manage to find time to spend together.  Mike studies his medical books while I work on design projects- and of course we somehow always find time to try new food! Here are some of our recent food adventures:


just had to throw this one in here- Mike's first day of clinicals last month

my mom, stacie and I canned 68 bottles of salsa last month- Mike and I have already gone through 4 bottles in 2 weeks.  It's that incredible!


Cinnamon rolls on a Sunday afternoon



A few weeks ago, we went to the annual celebration that is put on by all of the church's in our neighborhood "A Celebration of Faith"- there are choirs from the LDS, Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist,  and Episcopal Churches.  We really appreciate living in such a diverse neighborhood, and love all of the undertones of faith represented in our area.  This is one of our favorite yearly activities.  My siblings and their spouses came along, and afterwards we hit up Gourmandise, a local bakery, for baklava. 








One Saturday afternoon, Mike and I decided to drop everything and found ourselves at The Grand America enjoying an out of this world lunch. 
 

 I highly recommend their tomato melt.  Best in the city by far. 
Such a gorgeous atmosphere too.



Mike is a huge fan of their tri-tip grilled cheese.
(I wish I would have taken photos of the food- we gobbled it all up too fast though!)



 The next weekend we found ourselves at the Taco cart on State Street & 8th South.
Holy Cow, this is the best food cart I've ever eaten at!!



Two tacos for $1.50.  Can't beat that price, man!  Everything is so delicious!! (don't let the atmosphere scare you away!)






Lastly, Mike made a HUGE all in one breakfast over General Conference Weekend... I'm still feeling the effects, but it was SO yummy!  Stacie & Bennett brought home-made braided bread french toast with Magleby's syrup and my mom made a frozen peach slush.  I'm still salivating over everything!

3 comments:

Camille said...

I'm in love with your hair right now. The color is fabulous!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Darling -- you've found a taco truck in Utah? You have a multifaith neighborhood? Where are you - SLC somewhere? Please let me know... we're in the market for that area and I need tips!

Charlotte said...

Looks sooooo good! YUM. :)