Friday, November 12, 2010

Congratulations Brooke & Derek!

Brooke and I met our sophomore years of college, when we were assigned as random roommates on BYU's study abroad program in London.  We became the best of friends in our little South Kensington flat that semester, and we've had many adventures all over the world since!

I'm happy to announce that Brooke and Derek got hitched a few weekends ago!  After 6 years of on/off dating, I'd say it was about time!  Their wedding announcement, which is the most unique I've ever seen, tells their story.  I love it because it's so them...the only thing it doesn't say is, "Andrea said they'd get married all along."  Yes, I called it back in 2005.  Best friends always know.


B & D both live in Boston, but flew to Utah, so that they could be married where she grew up!  Secretly I was a little disappointed the wedding wasn't back east, since that would have given us a good excuse to go on another trip.... but it turned out to be simply lovely...


Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Christensen!  What a striking couple!



BFF Megan flew in from Seattle for the big day!




They had a beautiful, intimate, cozy celebration up at Sundance that evening.  The leaves were electric, the food was incredible, and the night was magic....such a classy event!





This picture makes me laugh.... you couldn't get two different sized couples if you tried.  Mike & I are going to have some short little muffins someday..

My favorite part was at the end of the evening when a huge band of bagpipers showed up unexpectedly!  Brooke LOVES bagpipes, and her parents had hired them as a surprise!  It was so fun-- the dancing was awesome!

Congratulations Brooke & Derek!  WE love you and are so excited for you!!

5 comments:

B said...

You just made my Friday.

You did call it. Driving back from Chili's for your chips and salsa run, you said we would get married and Megan backed you up. How many years was that before I even thought of him romantically? Maybe just two.

Thanks for being there. You look so cute with your hand on your hip in all the pictures. I have a picture my cousin took of us I'll have to send but I don't have any back from the photographer. (When we get internet at home.)

Kellie said...

i love that wedding announcement. also, this is funny because a girl in my ward here in illinois is a sister of the groom...so I've been seeing lots of pictures from this wedding on her blog too.

Nicole Lawrence said...

What a cute announcement! And what's this about you going to London for study abroad. I wish I could have done that. Europe was my dream. So jealous! As always, you look incredible.

Charlotte said...

Love the announcement! Love your blog! Love you!!!

Rachel Ricchio said...

i can't believe they did it! she looks sooo happy!