Sunday, May 31, 2009

Home Again Home Again




I'm back from my mission. I boarded the plane in Ohio, and it landed in Utah. In the first 72 hours of being home I.....

1. Ate coconut cupcakes
2. Fell in love with my family all over again
2. Went to the temple
3. Went swinging at the park
4. Listened to Feist
5. Danced with a boy to a slow song (not as awkward as expected)
6. Met my god-daughter, Findley for the first time
7. Enjoyed my perfect feather bed
8. Only introduced myself as 'Sister Hymas' in a social setting once
9. Felt guilty for not handing out pass-along cards at the mall
10. Cried because I miss Ohio

8 comments:

Erika said...

YAY! I'm so glad you are home and SO sad I missed your homecoming. Sorry. Something about a new baby...hospitals...you know!

I can't wait to see you. Everyone said you did fabulous and look great. Come visit sometime. I'm home ALL the time and Parley wants to meet my favorite cousin.

Camille said...

YAY YAY YAY! I'm so happy you're back!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You are so awesome!! My friend had that same pass along card issue when she got back. hahaha

Titensor Family said...

It's so great to have you back! we have to swing together soon!!

Danny and Shalayne said...

ANDREA!!!!!! Welcome home!!!! Your post made me laugh-I love it...and it made me miss you really bad! We need to get together soon!

Bethany said...

come to provo. i've been missing you....

Rachel Ricchio said...

awww how glad i am you are home. so refreshing. you, my friend, are quite the dream.

Yancy said...

I loved reading the letters you posted. You were (and are) a wonderful missionary.

Welcome home.