Monday, December 29, 2008


There's a sister in our house being trained right now. She reminds me so much of myself a year ago when I was being trained. It's made me realize over the past couple of weeks how much I love my mission, and how much I have changed over the past year, and how sad I am that time is starting to slip. (The fact that Sister Norton is ending her mission in three weeks has made me a little more sentimental than usual). I've changed more than I ever thought I could. I'm not sure when it happened. I think it was a process. Not changes that anyone would really notice if we were to hang out, but changes that are a lot deeper. More understanding. More of a desire to be obedient. More of an appreciation for the plan that Heavenly Father has laid out for us. More love for the Savior. Holy cow I'm so glad I signed up for this. In the beginning I thought that I was sacrificing so much, but now I look at it so differently.

Our area is doing awesome. People are at church every week, the members are helping out. We've got baptismal dates. I feel like I've been working my whole mission to see the miracles I've seen in the past month.

2 comments:

Yancy said...

i love it! that's how the Lord works you know: Line upon line. And that's how we progress: one rung at a time.

The gospel is true. Missions are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel Ricchio said...

yay! love the updated gorgeous photo of my favorite mish. she's a dream boat.